In our everyday consumer experiences, we are witnessing a revolution in the nature of the products we are purchasing. Trends include increasing electrification (e.g. electric vehicles) and mechatronic content (e.g. combination of structures & electronics). This is set against the existing requirement to develop highly engineered products which capitilise on design optimization, advanced materials, manufacturing process etc. It heralds the arrival of ‘Smart Connected Products’. All connected through the common thread of Digital.
Preparing students to support the development of these Next Generation Products will be a challenge. Altair, through its simulation software and consultancy knowledge, is at the vanguard of these developments, working closely with the majority of the UK’s OEMs. Altair has developed strong relationships with a number of UK Universities and wish to broaden this base by creating awareness of its support to industry and academia. We want to help academia to help develop students to meet Industry’s increasing demand for Digital.
This seminar commences by highlighting typical structural and electromagnetic simulations in industry from two of the largest UK OEMs. Followed by examples of the successful deployment of Altair HyperWorks to support under and postgraduate activities at Coventry, Sheffield and Swansea Universities. The event concludes with an overview of the support given to academic institutions and their students.
You will leave this technology showcase with a bespoke training pack and reassurance that Altair will assist you in rolling out Altair HyperWorks for teaching.
Who Should Attend?
Professors and Senior Lectures responsible for undergraduate course content or postgraduate research software in engineering departments.
Why Should You Attend?
• Gain an appreciation for the increasing role of digital in product design
• See how Universities have incorporated Altair simulation solutions into under and postgraduate studies
• Understand how Altair can provide foundation notes, industry case studies etc.
• Learn about the unrivalled academic HyperWorks license access and Altair’s Drop-in Centre - A postgraduate collaboration environment
• Network with prominent individuals in the UK industry and academic communities